Multichoice’s exciting new reality TV show, the Big Brother Titans launched 7pm January 15, 2023 with 20 housemates from Nigeria and South Africa. You can watch Big Brother Titans on DSTV, GOtv, and Showmax. To watch it live, tune into channel 198 on DSTV or channel 29 on GOTV with your decoder. Additionally, you can watch Big Brother Titans live streams free on the DSTV App and Showmax using your mobile phone. This guide will explain how to watch BBTitans at any location, using any device, such as a laptop, desktop, Smart TV, gaming console, or smartphone.
Once, you are a DSTV subscriber, you can watch live streams of Big Brother Titans on your smartphone free while on the move. DSTV offers a mobile app for iOS and Android, called the DSTV App. The DSTV app will enable you stream and watch Big Brother Titans on your phones and tablets with ease.
So, if you are a DSTV subscriber, you should download the DSTV App as you will be able to watch BBTitans live streams on your mobile phone at no additional cost.
Active DSTV subscribers also have the option to access the DSTV Now website and stream Big Brother Titans live on a Windows laptop or Desktop, as well as a Macbook or Mac computer. With this free app, subscribers can watch live TV from anywhere.
Table of Contents
Not a DSTV Subscriber? Check Showmax
If you are not a DSTV subscriber, there is another choice for you – Showmax. Showmax is a streaming service owned by Multichoice. It is just like Netflix but with superior African content.
You can download or stream series, movies, and shows on ShowMax. You also enjoy a 14 days free trial. Showmax is available on mobile, Smart TV, Tablets, Laptops, the DSTV Explora, as well as Gaming consoles like the Sony PS4 and XBox One X.
You can watch 24/7 Big Brother Titans live streams on Showmax in 45 countries in Sub Saharan Africa including Nigeria and South Africa. You can also stream the show in the United Kingdom, the Republic of Ireland, and New Zealand.
Showmax price starts at $2.99 (or 1,200 NGN in Nigeria and 39 ZAR in South Africa) in Africa. If you are a DSTV premium subscriber, you get Showmax free as part of your subscription. Subscribers to other DSTV plans, get a 50% discount with their subscription. Monthly subscription to Showmax outside Africa starts at $4.49 or £3.49 in the United Kingdom.
If you’d like to watch Big Brother Titans Season 1 from outside the United Kingdom, the Republic of Ireland, New Zealand, Nigeria, South Africa, or the rest of the 43 Sub-Sahara African countries, such as watch in the United States, Canada, Australia, or anywhere else in the world, you’ll need to use a Virtual Private Network (VPN) like ExpressVPN or NordVPN to bypass the Geo-restrictions on Showmax by selecting a server in one of the approved African countries, United Kingdom, or Republic of Ireland. For your reference, we have included additional VPN recommendations for you to consider.
How to Watch Big Brother Titans Season 1 Online
- Visit now.dstv.com on a browser on your computer or even your mobile phone. You will need to have a compatible browser installed.
- Login with your email and password. The first time you access the DSTV Now website, you will be required to create an account. You will need an email address, mobile number, and smart card number to create an account.
- Click on the Live TV menu. This shows a list of TV channels available for streaming.
- Scroll down to Big Brother Titan: Live Broadcast Stream (Channel 198).
- Click on the BBTitans tile to begin streaming the show
How to Watch Big Brother Titans Season 1 on Mobile with DSTV App
- Open the DSTV App on your Android or iOS device. You can download the App at the Play Store or App Store. To download DSTV Now for Android Click Here and to Download DSTV Now for iOS Click Here
- Login with your DSTV Account Credentials. The first time you login to the DSTV App, you will be required to create an account. You will need an email address, mobile number, and your smart card number to create an account.
- Tap on the DSTV Menu icon
- Tap on the Live TV menu. This shows a list of TV channels available for streaming
- Scroll down to Big Brother Titans: Live Broadcast
- Tap on the BBTitans item to begin streaming the show
In order to stream Big Brother Titans on the web or on mobile with the DSTV App or website, you will be required to be a current subscriber of DSTV. Additionally, you will need an internet data plan (ideally an unlimited data plan) with a high-speed internet connection (ideally 3G, 4G LTE, Wi-Fi, or 5G).
Watching Big Brother Titans on Showmax
Showmax offers the option of two main subscription plans, each split into two variations. The Showmax plan is ₦2900 and supports multiple devices including mobile, smart TV, gaming consoles, while the Showmax Mobile plan is priced at ₦1,200 and is exclusively available for mobile use.
In addition to watching BBTitans, subscribers can access exciting and interesting Series, Movies, TV shows, and Kids shows. If you are interested in live sports and news, you can opt for the Showmax Pro and Showmax Pro Mobile plans, which are priced at ₦6300 and ₦3200, respectively.
All plans provide access to Big Brother Titans. The difference between the mobile plans and the full packages is that the mobile plans only allow you to watch on one device (a smartphone), while the full packages allow you to watch on up to five devices, although only two can be used at the same time.
Note that Showmax is available at no cost to DSTV Premium subscribers and at 50% discount for subscribers of other packages.
How to Watch Big Brother Titans Season 1 on Showmax
- Open the Showmax app on your device or visit the showmax.com website on your browser. You can download the App at the PlayStore or Apple Store. It is also available for your Smart TV and Gaming Console. To download Showmax for Android, Click Here and to Download Showmax for iOS, Click Here
- Signup with your email, password, and phone number. If you have already registered, just sign-in.
- Tap on the Big Brother Titans Live Broadcast Banner to start live streaming.
Best VPN for Watching Big Brother Titans Outside Nigeria, South Africa, Africa
CyberGhost is one of the best VPN to unblock and watch Big Brother Titans from anywhere in the world. You can pick servers in Nigeria, South Africa, and the United Kingdom making it one of the most versatile options. The service supports up to 7 devices simultaneously as well as military grade 256-bit AES encryption, split tunneling, and data leak protection. Click Here
NordVPN is a good option if you want to pick South Africa or United Kingdom as your location as those are the only valid server country for ShowMax. You can connect up to 6 devices simultaneously. For more info, Visit Site
3. SurfShark VPN
Surfshark is one of the best VPN for Showmax, a great choice for watching BBTitan. This service offers over 3200 servers in over 99 countries, including Nigeria, South Africa, and United Kingdom. For more info, Visit Site
4. Ivacy VPN
With over 3500 servers in more than 100 locations, Ivacy is one of the best VPN providers as far as coverage is concerned. In Africa, the service boasts of 62 servers in 4 DSTV/Showmax countries namely: South Africa, Nigeria, Kenya, and Seychelles. For more info, Click Here
This is another option with good coverage in Africa, boasting 69 servers in 4 DSTV/Showmax countries in the continent, namely: South Africa, Nigeria, Kenya, Angola. PureVPN supports 256-bit encryption, p2p tunneling, and can be used with up to 10 login accounts. Learn More
ExpressVPN is good for picking South Africa and Kenya. You get a 30 day money back guarantee. You get best in class encryption with AES 256. This service also offers you the best in class privacy with private DNS. Click Here
This is another good choice if you want to pick South Africa. With 15 servers in the country, they come highly recommended by users. BulletVPN also specifically lists DSTV as one of the services it help bypass geo-blocking restrictions. It supports up to 6 devices simultaneously. Click Here
How to Watch Big Brother Titans on Showmax Outside Nigeria / Africa
- Connect to a Server in a location where ShowMax is not blocked with your VPN. e.g. South Africa or Nigeria. You have to first download and install your chosen VPN app for your device. ExpressVPN and NordVPN are good options.
- Open the Showmax app on your device or visit the website on your browser. You have to download it and login. Download the Showmax App at the Google Play Store or App Store. You also need a valid subscription.
- Scroll down to the Live Channels section
- Tap on the Big Brother Titans Banner to start streaming.
- You can also read our article on ShowMax to learn more about the service and subscription costs as well as how to reduce your data usage while streaming.
How to Watch Big Brother Titans on DSTV App outside Nigeria / Africa
- Using your VPN, connect to a Server in a location where the DSTV App is not blocked. e.g. South Africa or Nigeria. You have to first download and install your chosen VPN app for your device. BulletVPN and CyberGhost are good options. Note that you have to be a active DSTV subscriber to use this approach.
- Open the DSTV App on your Device. You have to download it and login. To download DSTV Now for Android Click Here and to Download DSTV Now for iOS Click Here. You also need to have a valid DSTV subscription.
- Tap on Live TV. This shows a list of available live TV channels categorised in tabs like Recently Watched, All Channels, Sports, General Entertainment, News and Commerce, etc
- Tap on All Channels tab. This shows a list of all live TV channels available on the app.
- Scroll Down to Channel 198 and Tap on Big Brother Titans: Live Broadcast. You can also read our article on the DSTV App to learn more about the service as well as how to reduce your data usage while streaming.
How to Watch Big Brother Titans Live Streams on DSTV App on your Smart TV
You can stream BBTitans on your smart TV as long as your Smart TV has support for the DSTV App. DSTV App are available on some recent Smart TVs from Samsung, LG, and Hisense. To check if your Smart TV supports the DSTV App, visit the App Store of the TV and search for DSTV. Note that you also need to be an active DSTV subscriber to use this method.
Now, here is how to watch live streams of Big Brother Titans on your smart TV with the DSTV App:
- Connect your TV to the Internet. Depending on your TV you can do this via Wi-Fi or Ethernet cable.
- Search for DSTV App on your Smart TV. Open the App store of your Smart TV and search for DSTV. If the DSTV App is supported on your TV as well as in your country, you will see the DSTV App.
- Install the DSTV App. Once the App is installed your TV will display a code on the screen. This code will have to be entered on the DSTV now website before your smart TV will be setup for DSTV.
- Sign in to the DSTV Now site. Using your Laptop or Desktop computer visit now.dstv.com and sign in with your DSTV account. If you have never used DSTV App before, you will have to create a DSTV account first.
- Visit now.dstv.com/tv. Once signed in, go to now.dstv.com/tv and enter the code displayed on the TV, then click on the Sign in on TV button.
- Go to Live TV. Once the code is entered successfully, your TV will be able to access DSTV via the Internet. Using the control of your TV select Live TV from the menu.
- Select BBTitans. Using the remote control of your smart TV navigate to the Big Brother Titans stream and select it. Congratulations, you can now watch BBTitans Live stream on your smart TV.
How to Watch Big Brother Titans Live Streams on Showmax on your Smart TV
If you are not a DSTV subscriber and want to watch BBTitans on your Smart TV, this guide is for you. Showmax is not just for streaming on mobile, you can also stream on your smart TV.
Here is how to watch Big Brother Titans live streams on your smart TV with Showmax:
- Connect your TV to the Internet. Using Wi-Fi or Ethernet cable, connect your TV to the internet.
- Search for Showmax on your Smart TV. Open the App store of your Smart TV and search for Showmax. If the Showmax is supported on your TV and country, you will see the Showmax App.
- Install Showmax. Once the App is installed your TV, launch the app and a code will be displayed on the TV screen. This code will have to be entered on the Showmax website before your smart TV will be setup for Showmax.
- Sign in to the Showmax website. Using your Laptop or Desktop computer or even your mobile phone, visit www.showmax.com and sign in with your DSTV account. You will have to create a Showmax account if this is your first time.
- Visit www.showmax.com/link. Once signed in, go to www.showmax.com/link and enter the code displayed on the TV, then click on the Link button.
- Select BBTitans. Using the remote control of your smart TV navigate to the Big Brother Titans stream and select it. Congratulations, you can now watch Big Brother Titans Live stream on your smart TV.
What is Big Brother Titans?
Big Brother Titans is a fresh addition to the Big Brother franchise in Africa. It’s essentially a combination of the two well-known versions of the show in the continent’s two biggest countries, Nigeria and South Africa – BBNaija and BBMzansi.
Housemates from both countries will be living together in Big Brother house in South Africa for a period of 12 weeks (72 days), with the viewers deciding on the winner who will receive a grand prize of $100,000.
The show will be co-hosted by familiar faces to fans of the Big Brother reality TV show in Africa, Ebuka Obi-Uchendu, the host of Big Brother Naija and Lawrence Maleka, the host of Big Brother Mzansi.
Although BBTitans is being promoted as a special edition, we suspect that if the show proves to be a success, then Big Brother Titans Season 2 might be on the cards for 2024. The show is sponsored by Fluterwave, Bamboo, and Lotto Star.
More on DSTV
- Box Office from DSTV
- Best VPN for Watching Nigerian TV Shows
- MTN Data Plan
- Glo Data Plan
- GoTV Nigeria
- DSTV Access
- DSTV Mobile
- Netflix is not yet a threat to DSTV
- StarTimes Decoder
Leave a Reply