Susan Nakhumicha Wafula is an experienced and strategic supply chain specialist. She has more than 15 years of experience working in Agile and Intelligent Supply Chain and Operations in the healthcare business. Susan Nakhumicha Wafula comes from a multicultural and global background.
She has a stellar track record of delivering solutions that are end-to-end supply chain solutions that are cognitively optimized, seamless, and internationally interconnected.
She utilizes an in-depth awareness of rules and processes in the procurement of commodities and the implementing of cost controls, according to her LinkedIn profile.
Susan Nakhumicha Wafula’s Education
She graduated from Kenya Medical Training Institute (KMTC) with a diploma in Pharmacy, and she also graduated from Kenya Institute of Management with a diploma in Healthcare Management.
She began her studies for a master’s degree in procurement and logistics and supply chain management at Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology (JKUAT) in 2012. She graduated with this degree in 2012.
Following the completion of the program, she worked as an intern at the Kenya Medical Supplies Agency (KEMSA). Additionally, Wafula holds a Doctor of Philosophy degree in Business Management, Logistics, and Supply Chain from the JKUAT.
Susan Nakhumicha Wafula’s Career
- Extensive experience working within the parameters set out by a variety of donors, including UCSF, USAID, and Global Programs.
- Expertise in the following areas of procurement: pharmaceuticals, including medications to treat HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis, and malaria; HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis, and malaria supply management, including the development of Procurement and Supply Management (PSM), plans in compliance with the requirements of the Global Fund and other donors.
- Extensive experience in the acquisition of logistical and transport services, consulting services, printing works, stationery, and medical equipment and devices.
- Advisory services in the areas of transactional and procurement work, with experience serving customers in both the public and private sectors
handbook for procurement was developed for the global programs.
- Digitized tender management at Global Programs.
- During the general elections that took place in 2022, she ran on a Ford Kenya ticket but was unable to win the election for the position of woman representative for Trans Nzoia County.
- She held the position of Head of Supply at the University of California San Francisco (UCSF) Global Program for Research and Training prior to being appointed to President Ruto’s cabinet.
- Malaria, HIV/AIDS, and tuberculosis are just a few of the infectious diseases that UC San Francisco collaborates with other health-related organizations to combat.
- In the past, she worked at the Nairobi Women’s Hospital as the head of the procurement and logistics department. She was the purchasing manager of the Mission for Essential Drugs and Supplies from 2007 till 2013 and worked there for those eight years.
- Between the years 2007 and 2009, she also worked for the same organization in the capacity of Warehouse Operations Officer.
- She worked at AAR Healthcare Limited as the Pharmacy In-charge of the Kisumu branch from September 2006 till August 2007 before leaving her position.
Susan Nakhumicha Wafula’s Specialities
- Both domestic and international logistics
- Design and enhancement of Business Transformation Management Process and Controls
- Management of Supplier Relationships and Performance Evaluation of Suppliers Strategic Procurement and Planning
- Management of Both People and Performance